The Bangkok Otolaryngology Clinic specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases and disorders of the ear, nose and throat (ENT) and related structures of the head and neck. Our highly experienced otolaryngologists and audiologists and support team of nurses and technicians provide a wide range of diagnostics and treatments, including:
- Allergies and hay fever.
- Acute and chronic sinus problems.
- Ear fullness and pain; tinnitus (ringing and noises in the ears); dizziness (vertigo) and other balance disorders; hearing impairment and hearing loss requiring the fitting of hearing aids; infection from otitis externa (swimmer's ear); otitis media with discharge and chronic suppurative otitis media; audiologic evaluation of the newborn; middle ear barotraumas and vestibular function testing for professional divers and airline pilots.
- Snoring problems.
- Chronic sore throat and tonsillitis; tumors of the neck, throat, nose, mouth, thyroid and larynx.
- Childhood stuttering or slurred speech.
The Hearing Center provides extensive evaluation and testing for people of all ages who suffer from hearing loss. If you are experiencing difficulty hearing conversations or require higher volume to hear properly, please stop by our Center for a complete diagnostic evaluation.
- Professional Audiology Services. Our audiologists provide hearing level and hearing aid consultation and evaluation.
- Otoacoustic Emissions (OAE) Testing : This procedure measures the echo of sounds produced by the ear when a stimulus is presented within an infant's ear canal that helps to evaluate the hearing problems of the newborn and young children.
- Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR) Testing : This is a reliable, objective, non-invasive and painless way to measure how the brain responds to sound. Brain wave activity in the auditory centers of the brain is recorded in response to a series of clicks or tones presented to each ear, allowing the ABR test to indirectly estimate the level of hearing in the peripheral auditory system (middle ear and inner ear).
- Tympanometry Testing. This test detects disorders of the middle ear to help evaluate ear fullness and hearing loss.
- Microscopic External Ear Examination. This is an examination of the external and inner ear, and tympanic membrane, with an advanced video otoscope linked to a television monitor.
- Hearing Aid Fitting. Our Ear, Nose, Throat specialists are able to provide and fit you with the optimal Siemens or Widex high-definition hearing instruments from the U.S. and Europe.
- Hearing Aid Checking. We are always here to check, clean and repair all types of assistive listening devices.
- Ear Plugs. We can provide made-to-order, German-standard noise reduction and swimming plugs.
- Speech Therapy. Our language and speech pathologists identify and treat children who suffer from hearing impairment, speech sound disorders, stuttering, delayed speech or language development problems, voice disorders, and hoarseness. We also provide vocal training for those who suffer from alaryngeal speech, childhood apraxia of speech (a deficit in the ability to plan the motor movements necessary for speech that is believed to result from a neurological disorder that hampers the brain's ability to send the proper signals required to move the muscles involved in speech), birth defects such as cleft palate and cleft lip, as well as swallowing and tongue thrust disorders.
- Cochlear Implants. This complex surgically implanted electronic device restores hearing in older patients who are profoundly deaf or severely hard of hearing by directly stimulating any functioning auditory nerves inside the cochlea with electrical impulses.