The Bangkok Hospital Pattaya Heart Center is one of the best in its field providing quality care of an international standard. It is recognized and used as a regional referral center for other hospitals. We are dedicated in delivering all aspects of cardiovascular care, including interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, advanced heart failure and cardiovascular surgery. The Heart Center uses a comprehensive holistic approach ranging from prevention and early detection to diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation.
The Heart Center at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya provides quality medical care and service and uses modern, state-of-the-art equipment to meet patients' needs and requirements.
Our Cardiac Team made up of surgeons, cardiologists, operating nurses and CCU nurses has been formed for their expertise in all fields of cardiac care. Quality Assurance is constantly monitored and implemented to ensure the highest international standards are delivered to the patients, via up to the minute cardiac medical technology and equipment.
Cardiac Diagnostic Investigations
- ECG or EKG (Electrocardiogram)
- EST (Exercise stress test)
- ECHO (Echocardiogram)
- Holter monitoring
- ABI (Vascular screening)
- Tilt table test
- Event recorder
- Cardiac imaging (128 Slices CT Scan)
- Cardiovascular MRI (CMR) *BMC
- Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty (PTCA):Balloon
- 24-Hour Emergency Cardiac Intervention (PTCA) : within 30 minutes to allow immediate intervention to reduce the effects of an acute heart attack.
- Valvuloplasty (ฺBalloon Valve Treatment)
- Coronary Artery Stenting
- Electrophysiology/EPS (Arrhythmia) treatment including ablation/RFA
- Permanent Pacemaker Implantation
- AICD (Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator)
- Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS)
- Electrocardiogram (Radiofrequency Ablation)
This procedure involves inserting a special wire into the heart and placing it where the abnormal electrocardiogram is generated. Subsequently, radio waves will be sent to generate heat through a special wire to destroy the abnormal origin. These devices are connected to the computer system to receive and convert these electrical signals. The doctor will assess the electrical conduction in the heart. This therapy may be used in conjunction with other therapies to achieve maximum therapeutic effectiveness. It generally takes about 4 - 6 hours.
- Cryoballoon Ablation
This involves using a frozen balloon to precisely disable surrounding heart tissue that causes irregular heartbeats rather than using heat. This is because the heat may irritate the surrounding tissues or penetrate the heart wall. The Cryoballoon Ablation provides faster healing process, only 2 hours (traditional thermal shock takes 4-6 hours). Using the cold balloon hijacking method has improved therapeutic effects. Especially, in patients who show symptoms less than 48 hours. The Heart Center, Bangkok Hospital Pattaya is the first private hospital in the country to use a cold-balloon hijacking method to treat patients with irregular heartbeats.
- Abdominal or Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm Surgery(AAA)
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG)
- Valve Replacement Surgery
- Minimal Invasive Valve Replacement
- VSD (Ventricular Septal Defect) Closure
- ASD (Atrial Septal Defect) Closure
- Arterial Surgery with Stent
- PDA (Patent Ductus Arteriosus) Ligation
- TOF (Total Correction: Four Abnormalities Correction)
- Cardiac Anesthesiology