Out Patient Department of Bangkok Pattaya Heart Center is dedicated in carrying the highest standard of professional medical care and services to patients suffering from all types of heart disease treated by experienced interventional cardiologists and cardiovascular thoracic surgeons. Moreover, all patients are treated by highly qualified nurses and technicians and the most advanced equipment and technology accessible.
The specialist Heart Center is one of the best of its kind in its field providing the quality and care as expected international standard. The Heart center also receives many patient referrals from numerous other hospitals in the region.
The Heart Center is devoted in delivering every aspect of cardiovascular care, including all of following interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, advanced heart failure and cardiovascular surgery. Of course as is widely known and accepted prevention is better than cure that is the reason why The Heart center uses comprehensive holistic approach ranging from prevention and ensure detection to diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation.
The Hospital Heart center provides the latest technology and the very best in medical care and service ensuring that you will be guaranteed of the best treatment available and enabling you re-recuperate.
The following facilities are offered:
- Cardiac Diagnostic Investigation Centre very best
- Cardiac Imaging ( 64 Slices Spiral CT Scan)
- Outpatient consultation center
- Non-Invasive cardiac testing
- Cardiac catheterization Laboratories
- Electrophysiology Laboratory
- Cardiac surgery operating theatres
- 29 beds dedicated to Coronary Care Unit (CCU)
- Cardiac Telemetry Monitoring Unit
- Moblie CCU
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) is a test that records the electrical activity of the heart used to measure the rate and regularity of heartbeats
- Exercise Stress Test (EST) is a general screening tool to test the effect of exercise on heart.
- Echocardiography (Echo) is an ultrasound of the heart.
- Transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) is a technique used when an echocardiography does not give enough detailed information.
- Dobutamine Stress Echocardiography involves taking a medication called dobutamine while you are closely monitored and the medication stimulates your heart and makes it "think" it is exercising.
- Tilt Table Test (TTT) is designed to use for patients experiencing a malfunction in the central nervous system, which controls the heart.
- Ankle Brachial Index (ABI) is a simple non-invasive vascular screening test to assess arteriosclerosis by measuring the blood pressure on the arms and legs.
- Holter Monitoring (DCG) is continuous monitoring of the electrical activity of a patient's heart muscle ( electrocardiography ) for 24 hours, using a special portable device called a Holter monitor.
Cardiac Care Unit (CCU)
The Bangkok Pattaya Heart Center provide the present 29 bedded coronary care unit adjacent to the cath lab and the cardiac surgical theatre provides all the most advanced life support facilities necessary to salvage a patient with cardiac dysfunction secondary to a heart attack. Basic facilities like thrombolytic therapy is provided with the best available medicines like Urokinase, Streptokinase and Recombinant tissue plamsinogen activator. Facilities of primary angioplasty, defibrillation, pacing, noninvasive and invasive ventilation, intra aortic balloon pump and dialysis and surgical support if needed enhances the chances of survival when one is faced with this life threatening disease.
The Bangkok Pattaya Heart Center offer both semi-private and private rooms to suit the patient's needs. All are tastefully decorated with facilities to ensure comfort and convenience for the patients stay. The advanced equipments such as Telemetry (t he electronic transmission of data from a patient's heart to a monitoring station) are provided in every room. Well-trained physicians and nursing staffs are on duty 24 hours a day to provide continuous care.
Catheterization Unit (Cath Lab)
The state of the art digital cath lab provides the ideal safe environment for the interventional procedures like PTCA, stenting and balloon valvuloplasty. Many of the cardiac procedures, like atrial septal defect and patent ductus arteriosus which required open-heart surgery earlier, can be safely tackled with interventional procedures at present. The new cath lab provides twice more clarity and minimizes the radiation dose by half thereby enhancing patient safety by four times. The facility is optimal for pace maker insertion as well.
- Cardiac Catheterization is a test to check the heart and coronary arteries which is used to check blood flow in the coronary arteries, blood flow and blood pressure in the chambers of the heart.
- Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty (PTCA & Stent) is to open up peripheral arteries that are narrowed or blocked by plaque build-up (atherosclerosis) or the stenotic vessels by placing a “balloon” with/without a stent into the stenotic area of the blood vessels.
- Pacemaker is a medical device designed to regulate the beating of the heart which stimulate the heart when either the heart's native pacemaker is not fast enough or if there are blocks in the heart's electrical conduction system preventing the propagation of electrical impulses from the native pacemaker to the lower chambers of the heart, known as the ventricles.
- Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (AICD) is an electronic device like a large pacemaker that is implanted surgically in a pocket formed in the chest wall. It consists of a pulse generator that can deliver a powerful shock to the heart; electrodes to sense the rhythm of the heart and to deliver the shock to the heart muscle; and a computer and circuitry that tells the AICD when to discharge the shock.