Occupational therapist help people participate in the things they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of everyday activities. Occupational therapy interventions include.
- Evaluation and intervention to improve the person’s ability to perform daily activities.
- Helping children with disabilities to participate fully in school and social situations.
- Helping people recovering from injury to regain skills.
- Providing supports, adaptive equipment and usage training.
- Comprehensive evaluations of the client’s home and other environments.
- Guidance to family members and caregivers.